New features include:
- Tilemap system allows for dynamic land destruction/creation on the fly.
- New Obstacle – Falling rock obstacles to test the tilemap system
- New Obstacle – snowballs!
- New Obstacle – Floaty Logs and Floaty Ice
- Standardised all the mesh UVs to use consistent textures palettes – reworked all UVs in the game!
- Texture palettes can now be swapped out to give different looks using the same assets e.g. winter/summer/autumn
- Introduced a random ‘decoration’ routine to give the land more interest.
- Introduced alternate versions of the Unity Mobile/Diffuse shaders – allowing for the fade effects on the water.
- Added basic shadow caster/receiver to my custom shader. It works much better than the mobile/diffuse shader
- Added some particles effects here and there
Here’s an example of a couple of effects that have been added
Snowballs and floaty ice!